Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Victoria's blog



Knitting a Scarf 



Justification Paragraph: I chose knitting as my topic because I like to do it. As I was trying to come up with topics for this project knitting was all I could think of to do. Knitting can be fun and relaxing but you have to want to learn how to do it for it to be fun and relaxing. I enjoy knitting and I think you will to.


Task Overview paragraph: Once you get the hang of knitting it will be easier to do bigger projects like socks and sweaters. Although you should start by doing something like a scarf or a washcloth. knitting has been around for a long time and many people do it. Knitting is fun and relaxing you just have to know how to do it.


Materials list:
1.yarn ( your choice of color)
2.knitting needles
3.sizer's


Instructions:
1:   Wrap yarn around your hand 10 to 15 times


2.  cast on 20-30 stitches\


3.  knit
4. purl
5. knit
6. purl
7.  repeat steps 2-6 tell you get the length you want
8. cast off
9. cut yarn
10. weave strands of yawn into the scarf


Vocab:
1. Knit- Made by interlocking loops of wool or other yearn with knitting needles
2. Purl- a stitch usually made at the front of the work
3. cast on - make the first row of a specified numbers of loops on the needle
4. cast off-take the stitches off the needle by looping each other over the next to finesh
5.yearn-spun thread used for knitting, weaving, or sewing

Other Resources:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4kSztvq-vI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkb0YyrzPWA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMAUORm-GK4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.